AstraZeneca shares up amid talk of possible takeover bid by Pfizer
US shares in the Anglo-Swedish pharmaceutical company rose almost 6% on the prospect of what would be the biggest foreign takeover of a British business
Investors reacted to speculation that AstraZeneca could be the subject of a takeover bid by US rival Pfizer by pushing its share price up in New York trading.
While shares in the Anglo-Swedish pharmaceutical company were not trading on the London stock exchange on Monday because of the Easter holiday, its US shares rose almost 6% on the prospect of what would be the biggest foreign takeover of a British business.
More From Around the Web
Check out these Articles
- Recognition Resolution [Resolution 112-6-16]
- Aspirin could cut cancer risk, but may have side effects – video
- Sentynl Therapeutics, Inc. Launches Sentynl Patient Services
- Dave Augustin Recognized by Strathmore’s Who’s Who Worldwide Pu...
- AsisChem Launches New Streamlined Website with Improved Product Search and ...
- Canadian Drug Seller is Violating State Law, Rules Maine Board of Pharmacy
- Hall of Fame Member, Joyce L. Morrison, to be Honored with a Times Square, ...
- Biological marvels could keep Big Pharma healthy
- Better funding call for vital drug approval programme
- AM Technical Solutions Acquires Dallas Based Cleanroom Construction Company
- Firm linked to drug makers sought pact on access to patient records databas...
- Shire confirms talks with US drug firm AbbVie over proposed £30bn deal
- Healthy Lifestyles LLC Announces Prostatection™ All-Natural Prostate Heal...
- Painful Medicine review uncovering the shadow world of secret painkiller ad...