New Boots boss offers chance to change | Letter from Mark Koziol, Pharmacists’ Defence Association Union
Pharmacists join their vocation because they want nothing more than to be able to use clinical skills to make beneficial differences to the lives of patients. Boots employs 6,000 pharmacists and its pharmacies dominate high streets throughout the UK. However, following our patient safety surveys of Boots pharmacists, it is apparent that large numbers feel that they have been severely hampered in doing so. The business culture you have recently revealed, which makes use of relentless and unacceptable targeting of NHS funds through medicine use reviews, coupled with intolerable working conditions, is a scandal that has caused widespread concern and anger (How Boots went rogue, 13 April).
Related: Boots UK boss Simon Roberts quits
More From Around the Web
Check out these Articles
- ValueCentricIQ Unveils Innovative Mobile App
- Australian students describe how they made copycat Malaria drug – video
- Shire shares crash 28% as AbbVie reconsiders £34bn takeover bid
- Xcelthera Secures Patent for Large-Scale Production High Quality Human ES C...
- Angela Balian Recognized by Strathmore’s Who’s Who Worldwide Pu...
- EU referendum makes gold miners and property oligarchs richer
- Shires taxes need the Margaret Hodge treatment | Nils Pratley
- NABP Stresses Need for Accountability in Enforcing Internet Policies to Pro...
- GSK tops list of drug firms improving global access to medicine
- One in 10 Americans have taken drugs prescribed for others: poll
- Inquiry into alleged GlaxoSmithKline bribery in China has led to pay fudge
- Superbugs: resistance isn’t futile but a new generation of antibiotic...