Serious Fraud Office launches criminal investigation into GlaxoSmithKline
Pharmaceutical company’s ‘commercial practices’ under scrutiny after foreign bribery claims
Britain’s Serious Fraud Office has launched a formal criminal investigation into GlaxoSmithKline’s sales practices, piling further pressure on the drugmaker which is already being investigated by Chinese authorities and elsewhere amid allegations of bribery.
Britain’s biggest pharmaceutical company, run by Sir Andrew Witty, said it had been informed on Tuesday that the SFO had "opened a formal criminal investigation into the group’s commercial practices".
More From Around the Web
Check out these Articles
- DEA Approves iBeta’s Full Scope Certification Process for EPCS
- NCPDP Recommends Standardized Metric Measurements on Oral Liquid Medication...
- Pfizer’s bid for AstraZeneca: ministers seek help of Brussels
- Announcing SUSdocs.org, an Unbiased, Vendor-Neutral Website for Information...
- Centrexion Present Updates on Advancing a Novel Analgesic Pipeline at 17th ...
- Dr Google will see you now: Alphabet's forays into biotechnology
- Clinical Professionals Group Launches Graduate Training Academy
- Makers Nutrition Wins Both Silver and Bronze Honors in Best in Biz Awards 2...
- Healthy Lifestyles LLC Announces Prostatection™ All-Natural Prostate Heal...
- Botched Oklahoma execution turns spotlight on US pharmaceutical firms
- The EpiPen boss tried to defend price hikes to Congress. No one bought it |...
- The world’s 10 best-selling prescription drugs
- AstraZeneca chief Pascal Soriot has got his Pfizer retaliation in first
- Super Arthgold ‘Supplement’ Recalled Due to Undeclared Drug Ingredients